Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Friday, December 03, 2004

Whether they're crazy...

As most of you know, or don't know, I work at a library. The good thing about there is that if you see an interesting book, you get to put it aside and take your time reading it. Or, for people like me who don't have time to read, you get to find books to make fun of.

The "Teach Yourself" books are great. Think of them as the "dummies books" third-cousins. There's one for almost anything-I've seen Teach yourself Screenwriting, Teach yourself Spanish, Teach yourself Gardening etc. However there is one that did kind of throw me off guard. It's called Teach yourself Weather. "This book takes on the task of explaining weather comprehensively yet keeping it readable," it proclaims. "... recommended only for people with a genuine interest in weather."

Teach weather? Interest in weather?? I thought weather was something people talked about only when there's nothing else to talk about. Ya know, "So, it's nice out today, huh?" "Yeah, I hope we don't get any more of that crappy snow." Betcha now they'll even be weather interest groups, where people will meet to talk about how how the winds from Japan went from blowing 14.2 km/h to 35 km/h while the relative humidity was 0.234 per cent below normal. Even weatherpeople aren't that passionate about it.

Talking about weather, I saw a girl wearing a miniskirt yesterday, when it was almost below-zero and starting to snow. She should read the weather book.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home