Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Doin' that Hollywood wannabe thang

What a weekend. It started with a 4:30 am wake-up call on Friday morning, leaving my sister and I only an hour an a half to head to the Longeuil metro station to catch a shuttle that would take me to the set of 15/Love.

Yes, the YTV drama-comedy about the lives of students of Cascadia, international tennis academy.
by 7 am we were in St.Césaire (that's in the south shore, near Granby) ready to play the (background) roles Cascadia students.

We we positioned in the stands of the tennis court as we pretened to be really into the fake game of tennis the actors were playing, and were given cues to cheer for one of the players, get up and applaud, and to show dissapointment.

We were finally given a lunch break at 1:30pm, where we ate in the same room as the cast and crew- this is where you get to see exactly how many people and how long it takes to film one half hour episode; an impressive number must I say.

An hour later we were back to filming outdoor scenes where we had to walk and talk in the background. It was my first time working on a series set, and I begin to note the differences to being on a film set- when filming a series they film non-stop and don't take as many takes as when they do a film. As we moved from scene to scene, it begin to get darker and cloudier. The producers were wise- they moved us inside a minute before it started pouring rain. Nevertheless, there was still one more scene to be shot. Plastic covers were placed on the cameras, a tent was put up, and an autograph seeking scene was shot in 4 or 5 takes before we were allowed to leave.

It was 6:30 pm; Cheryl and I were eager to get home because our grandparents were heading to airport to go back home. Even though we were tired, we ran up and down stairs at all the metro stations in an attempt to try to get to the Cote-verty station, where our parents were waiting for us, faster, but even so, arrived too late and didn't get to see our grandparents leave.

Saturday was party day. What was supposed to be a pool party at Sean's turned out to be a regular barbeque (it was a bit chilly). I arrived early to help prepare and acommodate guests. It was and event with a good turnout. Upon feeling a few drizzles of rain, eveyone clamped into a corner under the tent, while Sean the chef barbequed. We stayed out until 2:30am, at the point where I, wearing a miniskirt, felt like my legs could ice a cup of coffee.

I didn't get to sleep til past 7 am- I must be the most horrible sleeper on earth. A few hours later, after only getting two hours of sleep on and off, I headed home to prepare for an audition.

Audition- I hate that word so much. But not in this context, where we're talking about a print ad audition. I still have no idea why my casting agent decided to send me to this ' audition', where I had to travel all the way to the east end just so they could snap a bunch of photos of me that they may consider using me in their prints ads. Modeling isn't my strength, but what's to lose- I don't kid when I say I'll try anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home