Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

TEQUILA!

Thank you all who sent me birthday wishes! Shame on you all those who forgot!

I unfortunately had to work on my birthday while all the other dancers got that day off -- guess that´s what I get for being the newbie...but it´s all good. I opened the kids club and sat there all morning just reading because no kids dropped in, which is good. My family called to wish me happy birthday so that was nice.

I went snorkelling in the ocean on my break. First time I even touched the ocean since I got here. The waters here are not extremely clear, but its not bad. The ocean is so warm, I enjoyed it even though the reef isn´t as nice there as in some other places...and I only saw two really small fish.

When i got home after work I was greeted by my two choreographers singing happy birthday . My fellow Canadian animator Eric got me a pizza for supper, and when when we got home I found that several people had passed though my appartment (since I live on ground floor with access to the pool the whole appartment uses my place as a drop-in) and they were all sitting out my back door by the pool drinking beer, and of course they made me start drinking.

Since i worked during the day I had to work at night too...work being taking hotel guest to the bar...yeah you can guess what happened...all the fellow animators swore they would get me totally hammered (which did not happen of course). People here love tequila, don´t know why...i hate tequila, but drank 2 anyway. The bars here are so different from bars in montreal...almost everyone dances, everywhere...the bar staff made everyone do this massive conga line with balloons and confetti while squirting drinks in our mouths...they make us to these ridiculous line dances...yeah that´s a real party!

After the bar...some animator got the crazy idea to walk home (even tho some of us were gettin a lil dizzy), but we did it and stopped for ice cream on the way, and 20 minutes later we were home.

its 9:30 in the am here and Im surprised i woke up at 8 with no problem...dont know what sleeping in means anymore!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home