Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Playing Tourist

There is nothing like a midnight motorbike ride.

Yeah I´m serious. One of the people I work with gave me ridehome a few days ago on a motorcycle. It´s so much fun, reminds me of when I used to visit Mauritius (everyone has a moto there).

Playa del Carmen is much more authentic than I imagined, very comparable to Mauritius. I live in a nice appatment away from all the tourist areas, so you can say its a real moving experience.

Downtown Playa we can find 5th avenue (why are all main roads 5th like NYC?). It´s an impressively modern area with shops, restaurants and bars along the beach...sort of a mixture of miami - virginia beach ambiance, if you know what I mean. Prices are all in US dollars there, there are lots of souvenir shops, artisans and mexican street performers...very touristy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home