Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

That's Hot!

It's the first no-need-to-wear-a-jacket day in Montreal! I actually went out today, which is why I have things to blog about. I spent a large part of my day making complete strangers happy. Well sort of. I first went by the radio station to drop off gifts for the people who I worked with during my internship. It was a long, complicated semester, and interning there got me an A.

I then took my time walking down St-Catherine's in the sun and went shopping for summer clothes and other things I would need for my move. By the beginning of June I will have relocated in Playa del Carmen, Mexico to work as an animator at a resort. It's so soon and time's running out. My mom's freaking like mad; my friends think I've gone bonkers- poor them, but I'm enjoying their reactions.

After shopping for awhile, I needed to make my way back to the radio station for a meeting. I strolled past a bookstore having a sale, but didn't pay attention until the salesperson, a cute, upbeat, and obviously bored guy a bit older than me stepped out of the store when he saw me look past and was like "Sale! Sale! come in!" So I decided to humor him and walk through the store. "Yay! A customer!" he said. "Yay, whoo-hoo!" I cheered back. He told me he was really bored because since it was nice out no one was coming in. I told him he wasn't making enough effort and suggested he make a huge sign while shouting "booksale!!" I asked if he had any books on Mexico and checked them out. He asked if I was taking a trip there; I told him about the job I got, and he was interested to know how to get into that stuff. So I gave this poor salesman some info and encouraged him to get out of here.

The radio meeting went by fast. They ordered pizza for us interns; way too many since there were about three whole pizzas left over. They asked if any of us wanted to take them home. One of the interns did, but then realized he didn't want to carry it all the way home. Since we were already on the street, I suggested he give it to a homeless person. We walked a few blocks, came accross a man searching for empty cans in trash cans and asked if he wanted it. I've never seen anyone so happy at being offered pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home