Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Modern Christmas songs

Ding dong, school is done, no more books, no more pain. Ding dong, the holidays are here!!

I'm so happy I finally got to do nothing all day, for once. Well, nothing productive or stressful. I spent a lot of time today downloading music, especially Christmas songs that were stuck in my head. Found a great 13-minute Christmas dance medley, and downloaded Boney M's Mary's Boy Child- if you haven't heard that one, I recommend that you download it. It's chicken soup for the festive soul.

As I was searching for Christmas songs, it occured to me that there are two categories of Christmas songs. There are the classic ones such as The First Noel and Jingle Bells. Then, there are the modern ones, such as Destiny's Child's 8 Days of Christmas. When I did a search for modern xmas songs, I came accross this site, with lyrics for some songs I've never heard of. Click the title for a link to that site. Here's my favorite modern xmas song- sing me me, ya'll!

Violent Night (
sang to the tune of "Silent Night")

Silent Mac, broken Mac!
System bombed, screen went black.
Books suggested things; I tried 'em all:
Shift key, desktop file, clean reinstall.
Now my deadline is tight,
This Mac's been silent all night.

Violent night, horrible night!
Lost my cool, filled with spite,
Threw my Mac through the balcony door
Watched it fall from
the 20th floor, Now I'm sleeping in peace;
Thank God I had it on lease.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home