Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Mmm, mmm...something's coming over....

Psst. I'm gonna tell you a secret. But you can't tell anyone, or else a kung fu-fighting komodo dragon will appear and hunt you down. Now, most of you know that it was Chinese New Year yesterday (as well as Tibetan new year and Ash Wednesday). Cultural holidays have hundreds of traditions. I don't know the whole list of them, although I should know a bit more than I do. So, I'm proud to say that yesterday I learned a new one from my mom: For Chinese New year, you must keep one light in the house on for the entire new year's day. Yes, you must waste electricity on Chinese New Year as a symbol of good luck! So, on Tuesday night, my mom turned on the light in our coatroom and warned us not to turn it off. She even stuck a note on the light switch that read "do not turn off." Well being all hyper-tired and panicking over not having a story to cover that afternoon, I'm sad to say that I accidently switched that light off - for two seconds- before leaving the house. Just don't tell my mom, or else she'll blame all the bad things that happen in our house on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home