Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Running around week

It's break time and I'm on the run! My mid-term break, or reading week as the university calls it, isn't really a break for me. It's just time off from going to classes, but using the time to work on projects and things I've been putting off all semester.

Today I realized that we live in a really hilarious world. I went in to the radio station this morning and worked on organizing the morning show birthday announcements. People send emails telling us which birthdays to announce when, and for whom. A typical email would read something like: "We'd like to wish Cheryl a happy 16th birthday, from mom and dad."

Well today I got one that read : "I'd like to wish a happy birthday to my cat Tigger. He's turning 5 on the same day as my son, and we want him to know we'll always be there for him." (She sent a separate mail for her 9- year-old son).

Some people really crack me up. Not it was it a cat birthday, she sent it in a day late. After showing the letter to my boss, we decided not to throw it out as we nomally would, rather to put the belated cat birthday on-air. I sincerely hope that this woman will not be ridiculed for life. Geez, what's next, a goldfish birthday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home