Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ball and chain

Ice pellets in May. I almost fell off my chair when my mom came in to tell me that there were tiny bits of ice falling allong with the rain. We sort of had a 4-season day today- ice pellets, rain, sun then wind. Thank god the ice pellets didn't stay. I remember when we got snow in May about three years ago- I was so angry, it wasn't funny. I hope it never happens again.

Alright, I'll stop complaining about how much I hate snow. Let's move on. I hate driving. I have booked myself for another road test. I'm really getting impatient about getting my licence because I've failed the test about a gazillion times (hey, it feels like it). I'm only going for it because I need it; I can't always depend on people to drive me places, plus I hate public transportation (alright, I know I hate many things, but that doesn't make me a bad person.)

Driving is stressful. I'm not used to concentrating so much and looking everywhere at once. Taking the driving test is more stressful. First you wait endlessly for them to call your name, as you check out the evaluators and hope that the one who's coming out isn't going to call your name because he looks like an old-fasioned creep. You think about your previous tests and swear you'll shoot yourself if you repeat the same stupid mistakes this time. You wonder what else can go wrong, how many more times you'll need to do the test and wish for magical powers.

An interesting thought crossed my mind last time I took the test. What if a hypnotist has to take the driving test? If he's as bad as I am, I can just see what could happen. He'd get in the car, pull out his crystal pendulum and say to the evaluator "when you wake up, you will think the test is over and that I passed."

Hmm. Where can I learn to hypnotize...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home