Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sneaky Christmas

So it finally dawned on me that Christmas is coming up...this weekend. Sneaky. And this means I've got two days to get all my (last minute) shopping done. Thank god I don't need to shop for the ENTIRE family. That would leave me dead broke. Mind you, my dad has 9 siblings, most of which live here and have kids. Yeah, they were a family of 12 people. 10 kids! I have no idea how my grandparents dealt with that. Or why they wanted that many. My parents can't even handle me and my sister! And on top of that, my dad grew up in a tiny house that had no more than 3 bedrooms. Imagine all those kids sharing one bathroom. I admire them. I'd have preferred being homeless.

Speaking of kids, I don't think I want to deal with any for a good while after this week. Kim's an exhausted elf. I've spent the past two days doing freaking 8 hour shifts with LOTS of screaming kids, putting on a BIG smile and trying to make the kids laugh when all I want to say is "shut up and smile!" My best friends these days are my little helper, Santa's teddy bear and coffee. Today my boss decided to make us feel better by providing some liquer-filled chocolate. I just barely avoided becoming a drunk elf.

I don't know when Christmas became somewhat of a burden. Maybe it's just from an Elfstown point of view. Or from viewing my crappy paycheck. As if it isn't enough, I've also got to get presents for a few people whose birthdays are within the next few weeks. My cousin was born on boxing day. What a horrible time to be born! People try to trick you by getting you one present and telling you it's a special one that counts for both your birthday and Christmas. So, if any of you is planning to have kids anytime soon, take my advice and plan it so it's born at some decent time like in the summer or something. Cuz if not, you'll never ever, EVER hear the end of it from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home