Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Monday, November 07, 2005

It's not Metro, it's Subway!

I'm back from a nice, sunny week in Toronto. Spending most of my time there alone, I learned to get around North America's 5th largest city, and Canada's largest undersground city. Montreal's underground is nothing compared to their's.

Maria, Kevin and I spent the weekend shopping at a huge outlet mall and touring Toronto's Harbour front, downtown and Chinatown. We were lucky to get great weather - it was around 15 degrees all week, and the day before I came home, it went up to 19. 19! T-shirts outside in Canada in November? You bet.

I stopped by the mall to check out the Much Music VJ search. No, I didn't actually audition, but I watched a few people show off their skills onstage. Some were good, some were bo-ring and some were downright ridiculous. As one girl started to strip and undid her pants, I was thisclose to shouting "They're looking for a VJ, not a whore!" Apparently they loved her and she's even mentioned on the MM website.

I spent the rest of week at my aunt's (huge) house in the suburbs and learned to commute and explore the city. I tried job-hunting, but had no luck. (Yeah yeah guys maybe I will make that VJ video).

And yes, Mac's is the English version of Couche-Tard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home