Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Saesa omentien lle!

I always thought November was too early for people to start getting ready for Christmas. I mean, as soon as Halloween is over, stores start putting up Christmas lights and start advertising 3-pack Santa hats. Commodification? Right there. Good for businesses though, a lot of people are already halfway though their Christmas shopping. I'll probably do mine like a week before. As much as I enjoy shopping, shopping for people is just not my thing. See, I never know what people will like. And say I do know, then I'll probably wish I didn't cuz it'll most likely be something really expensive or really ridiculous. ("I want a pet salamander!" Uh....no.)

Today is probably the earliest I've ever gotten "Christmasy". I've gotten really fed up with staying home all day, so I now have a new job. I'm one of the photographers at Santa's Village at the mall. I guess you could say that I now get paid to take photos of (screaming) kids with Santa Clause. I also get paid to wear a silly Elf costume.

Mind you today went by smoothly. It was Santa's "big arrival" into the mall, and he was joined by Mrs.Clause and a band of carollers. Fortunately today's Santa was a good one. We've had a previous Santa who was some 20 year old dude who didnt care about kids or his beard falling off, but kept calling 20 year old girls to sit on his lap.

I was searching for an image to put on this blog, so I googled "Elf." Let's just say I didn't expect half the images that popped up. So that made me wonder, "what on earth is an elf?" Here's the definition:

Elf: n, pl: Elves.

  1. A small, often mischievous creature considered to have magical powers.
    1. A lively, mischievous child.
    2. A usually sprightly or mischievous or sometimes spiteful person
Ah. Those German legends. Suits me at the moment. Let's just hope I don't get too Harry Potter elf-ish.

Saesa omentien lle! (Pleasure meeting you!)

Yes, you can find Elven (Elf language) sayings here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home