Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Jan. 3, 2006.

I just had to write the date, even though I know it'll automatically appear above this post. You know how people often screw up the year the first few weeks into the new year? Used to happen to me when I was at school. But since I'm no longer a student, I don't need to write dates anymore. Heck it might even be awhile til I actually need to take a pen and jot down "2006."

Happy New Year everyone!

I didn't see the big ball drop this year. Well, I didn't even see it last year when I was in NYC, so no biggie. But this year, my New Year's eve celebration was extremely quiet compared to last year's. Sean and I travelled all the way to a friend's place in Lasalle, armed with heavy backpacks and chunky coats. It was long trek which made me realize how much I hate public transportation. On top of that, it was cold. And icy. Yes, I started my new year's eve party with a mini version of a trip across the Columbia Icefield. Needless to say I was not in a party mood, which for once played out as a good thing.

I resolved not to have a resolution this year. I'll just go with the flow and take things as they come. Don't need to make specific goals and dissapoint myself when I don't stick to them. Make sense? Probably not. Can you tell that holiday insanity has gotten to me? Makes me more bonkies than usual.

Thank god all's back to normal now. No more "partying!" Our tree is still up, there are still two presents under it, and our uneven christmas lights still shine from two out our three windows, but I vow to take them down soon. Unlike some people I know who leave their Christmas lights on year round. How lazy can you get? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but sometimes you don't want to be reminded of Christmas in mid-July.

All's back to normal now...so now what? What adventures is Kim headed for this year? Find out soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home