Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mocha-choco-lata-ya-ya

Deee da dee dee eeeee!

This is what I pretty much sounded like over the past few days. Either I'm going nuts with boredom, frustrated with something, or just really hyped on coffee, as I am right now.

My pal Kevin came down from Toronto, so it was the usual hang out day. So this afternoon we met up with our friend Chantal for coffee. I ordered a white mocha - read chocolate, caffeine, sugar, whipped cream. It's insane how much of a sweet tooth I have.

Anyway, so we were sitting outside of a second cup, enjoying the nice weather and chatting away when something really weird happened. I noticed a really weird-looking somewhat old lady come up to behind Chantal and give her this weird look. I figured she was a bit crazy, because trust me, she did not look normal at all. She was sort of a bag lady, lugging several bags camping-style. So I just ignored her, because that's what usually makes them go away right? Suddenly, just as Chantal turned around for a second, the crazy lady spat on her. Right in the face too. Then she turned around and continued down the street like nothing happened.

Yes, Montreal people can be C.R.A.Z.Y. At least I hope that woman was crazy, cuz I can't imagine why someone normal would do such a thing. That was just the weirdest thing I've seen in the past few months.

So while drinking coffee, chocolate came up as part of the conversation. I'm not sure how, it's been such a nutty day, but it did. More specifically 70% cocoa chocolate. Have you all tried that? If you haven't, get some. Apparently, it's almost a fact that women and gay men are most likely to enjoy it - straight men will most likely hate it. We did a test on Kevin, and the theory proved itself right on him- I've never seen such a bad reaction to chocolate from anyone! But it is strong stuff, and just for the record, dark chocolate is actually good for your health- it contains a compound that keeps cholesterol from gathering in blood vessels, reduces the risk of blood clots, and slow down the immune responses that lead to clogged arteries. Don't beleive me? Read this.

On with the day again. We were off to meet bunch other friends for dinner, when they called and said they were going to be a bit late because one of them got into a car acccident. Now this is where I get to rant about two crazy people in one day. The guy didn't have a car accident- he just tried to pull a simple maneuvre ( I think it was passing another car.) Somehow, the driver of the car got terribly upset, got out of his car and started yelling at our friend. The crazy guy then pulled out a shovel an started to beat our friend's car with it, damaging one set of the back lights. Whoa man, like what's going on? In front of tons of witnesses too.

So there you have it. Coffee, chocoate, and whacked out people. What a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home