Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Freethinkin'

Gosh I forgot what it's like to be a student! In this moment, I am procrasinating, stalling on my paper which is due tomorrow. It's supposed to be three pages. I'm barely at one and a half. Soooo tempted to go outside where it's 32 degrees and sunny and start tanning. I doubt that this year I'll get as tan as I was when I came back from Mexico though. My parents barely recognized me when I walked through the airport gates cuz seriously, I was practically as black as my Sri Lankan friend.

But anyway. Why does this mental block thing always happen when you really don't need it? It's interesting cuz yesterday someone made a comment saying that I'm probably deep thinker. We were at an engagement party (yes, another one), and as in many cases, clashed with the crowd. Does that ever happen to anyone out there?? Cuz even though I mask it, I hate it when that happens, and it seems it only reaches me. So there I am, nodding, smiling, yaddi yadda- and the newly engaged couple (they're my boyfriend's friends) noticed I looked like I was counting the ants on the wall or something and (ugh) commented on how quiet I was being. He made a point that introverts are often better thinkers, always haveing some interiour monologues. Not that I'm pure introvert, but holy shit, do I think a lot. I'd be up at 2 a.m and my brain would still be going like a motor. I could certainly use that right now. Yeah...back to my paper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home