Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Mental games

When walking with an umbrella, everyone should remember one thing : do not pretend you're tha's jolly fella from Singin in the Rain and swing the umbrella - you could hit someone in the crotch.

That's what happened to me several times today as I was making my way downtown. Don't people know they should hold umbrellas straight down, vertically, not horizontally, and certainly should not swing them back and forth.

People are funny. Sometimes I really wonder what goes though people's minds. I'd observe a certain person, not necessarily someone I know, and try to figure out what they're thinking. Today on the metro the girl who sat in front of me caught my eye, mostly because she looked like someone I knew. She was petite, about my age and listening to her mp3. All of the sudden, she stops, looks for something in her bag, and is obviously frustrated. She sighs and buries her head in her hands for a few seconds. Then frantically looks in the bag again, looking like she wants to cry. She then just sits there with a shocked, I-can't-believe it expression on her face. It's obvious that she lost something and can't find it. So I begin to wonder what it is. I see her pull her wallet out and look in it, so crossed that thought out. She then got edgier and edgier. Finally she just abruptly got up, and stormed out of her metro. I don't think it was even her stop.

Interesting, huh? Try it. Watch people, they do all kinds of weird things.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... that's interesting. Maybe she lost a love letter from her ex and is too emotional to carry on?

Or she lost her cell phone and wonders how much it would cost to buy a replacement?

It's fun to make up stories about people you don't know...

1:28 PM, June 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home