Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Cold Turkey

Didn't I just say something about indian summer a few days ago? Scrap that. It's practiacally winter coat season again. As I write this, I hope I can make it through this whole post without once needing to tuck my hands in my sleeves to warm them up. You know how when Ice Man in the X-Men movie touches something and it immediately turns into ice? I think I can do that.

It's also Thanksgiving here in Canada. Happy Turkey Day y'all! For you Americans who are wondering why our thanksgiving is over a month before yours, I beleive it's because if we waited to celebrate it in mid-November, people would be too cold to go out to actually get a turkey.

Yeah, yeah, the weather's turned me into a crazier freak. And people, it's not all about the turkey. Am I the only person who doesn't go crazy if there's no turkey on thanksgiving? To tell you the truth, my family's never cooked one. In fact, my parents learned about thanksgiving and the turkey tradition one day when I came home from from my morning kindergarten class with some thanksgiving "art", ie: a colored picture of a turkey and drawings of fruits in one of those horn shaped baskets.

In elementary school (and even early high school for gosh's sake!) teachers used to make us list the five things we are most thankful for on turkey shaped pieces of papers and used them to decorate walls (or cover the paint that was chipping on them). I always hated doing that and would write down the same list all the time- my family, friends, food, etc.

Awhile ago I asked a couple of male friends to list the five things that mean most to them. No joke, their list all came out to be similar to this one:

1-Beer
2- Women (or sex)
3- Sports
4- Job (or money)
5- Car

I'm scared to find out how they celebrated thanksgiving.

Now, I'm curious to find out what people really consider important. Think about it- what's YOUR list?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home