Mi vida loca in Montreal and wherever I go!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Wilma hotel stand?

Well, as much as I have been complaining about every aspect of my icy no-life (oh yeah, I'll never stop) , I guess there is one positive thing about being back in Montreal- Hurricane Wilma has swept through Cozumel, Cancun AND Playa del Carmen.

Talk about double-wham. While this storm didn't hit Playa as directly as Emily did back in July, this one left worse damages. Check out this photo I stole from the playa info forums. Apparently, waves were 7 meters high and Playa's main downtown/shopping area, 5th avenue is now 'flooded and devastated'.

I'm pleased to hear that the resort I was working in once again successfully housed their hotel guests, 240 to be exact. Refer to the post entitled Calm Before the Storm to read about how I helped tourists through Emily in July. However this time...there is about 4 or 5 feet of water at street level along the road where all the big resorts in Playacar stand.


Hurricane I can stand...flooded streets...not sure! Although if I were still there, I'm sure it could have been an interesting adventure. Yes, I'm so bored and insane that I think floods are exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home